Did you know that bone broth is one of the most beneficial foods to restore gut health? Since up to 80% of our immune system lives in the gut, it’s extremely helpful when it comes to boosting out immunity too – AKA it’s a delicious way to show a cold or flu who’s boss!
Bone broth contains collagen, gelatin and amino acids that help seal openings in the gut lining and support digestive and tissue integrity.
- Boosts immunity (as we just mentioned!)
- Protects joints
- Maintains healthy skin
- Supports detoxification
- Aids your metabolism
- Leftover turkey carcass (the whole thing, including the wings!)
- 10 cups water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- optional herbs/pieces to choose from: sage, thyme, bay leaf, parsley, turmeric, ginger, garlic
**feel free to add it any other raw veggies you have on hand!
- Chop the onion, celery and carrots.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to med-low.
- Let simmer for 8-10 hours.
- Discard the solids and strain the broth through a fine-mesh strainer into a large container.
Note: When it is left in the fridge it will become gelatinous, but not to worry, this is the good stuff! It will become liquid again when you reheat!
**If you use an instant pot/slow cooker, pressure cook for 2 hours.
Want more healthy recipes, tips and biohacks? Sign up for our newsletter and mailing list on the homepage of our website!
About The Movement Boutique in Toronto – Pilates, Chiropractic, Functional Medicine
Located on Yonge Street in Toronto, The Movement Boutique serves the areas of Summerhill, Rosedale and Yorkdale with Pilates classes and much more. Our philosophy is centred on a holistic, multimodal approach to health, grounded in the latest therapeutic techniques and clinical research. Our approach: Optimal health cannot be attained through a single therapeutic lens; injuries are often the result of a constellation of lifestyle issues, including dysfunctional movement patterns, trauma, nutritional deficiencies or destructive habits of mind.